Support from Esprit in Selecting and Getting the Best from Your Helium Supplier
Esprit offers support to Purchasing Managers, Production Managers, and other key decision makers for whom helium is a critical raw material in their production process or service offering.
If you are such a person and are concerned whether you are getting the best deal from your current helium supplier, or whether another helium supplier could provide a lower overall cost of ownership, Esprit can help.
Not a member?
Register for free here
Scope Of The Report
Key Issues in Helium Supply
- The importance of units of measurement
- What, if any, credit is given for returned (‘residual’) product?
- Rental (‘demurrage’) charges for storage and other related equipment
- ‘Hidden’ charges, such as for delivery windows, analytical certificates, etc.
- Provision for adjustment of prices, such as escalation formulae, surcharges, etc.
- Number and size of supply sources
- Capacity utilization, for both production (sourcing) and distribution equipment
- Supply chain length and inventory disposition
- What contingency and/or back-up plans does the supplier have in place?
- Sales and Operations Planning Process, for both short term (day-to-day logistics planning) and longer term (3 – 5 years sourcing requirements)
- The importance of product condition upon arrival at site (pressure / temperature / purity), and how this is assured
- Contract duration and termination conditions
- Quantity commitments on either side
- Force Majeure conditions